incidental-superficial-insignificant-nonessential-immaterial-frivolous-irrelevant

gobbledygook-blather-poppycock-twaddle-bunk-hogwash-tripe-prattle-hooey-balderdash
____________________________________________________

Along with meatier figures, facts & foibles I never would have known were it not for the Net.

____________________________________________________

You go girl!!!!!!!!!

Woman, 83, graduates from university

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (UPI) -- An 83-year-old woman who set out after retirement to earn a college degree has graduated from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Mich.

Ruth Stoeffler said she began her college career in 1995, shortly after the death of her husband, and took a wide variety of classes during the ensuing 13 years until she earned a bachelor's degree in social science studies, the Detroit Free Press reported.

'I was by myself and had to do something,' she said. 'I wanted something interesting and challenging and fun ... I thought, 'I'm going to get myself a diploma from a university.''

Stoeffler, who walked down the aisle with classmates at the university's graduation ceremony during the weekend, told the Free Press she doesn't intend to use her degree to start a new career but she said she would like to parlay her knowledge and experience into volunteer work."

No comments: